Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Phightin' like it's 1980


Game 1 of the World Series is tonight... and I'm so pumped that my Phillies are in it!! Usually, I could care less about the WS because I hate the teams that are still in it, but this year I think it's going to be a real phight. I think that the TB Rays are a good matchup for the Phils, and I'm not sure that they could have beat the Sox. The Rays are beatable.

I love how all of these news outlets are saying that the Rays are a slight phavorite to the Phillies this year... when the two teams haven't played at all this year! They haven't played each other since 2006!! I really think that it's going to be a good series, and in all seriousness with just a little bit of bias, I think that the Phillies are going to take it. I think it's going to be tough, but I think they'll win the series. For the first time in 28 years. Breaking the curse. WOO!

I love that one of the stations that I work for carries Phillies games and Eagles games (we're a political station that is sometimes a sports station. Don't ask.) because we often have sports parties. This morning, we had a big pep rally at a local sports bar and went nuts! Last time we had a pep rally it was when the Eagles were in the playoffs... and FOX news came out to cover our pep rally. This year it was just us, but we had Al's Sporting Goods there selling stuff as well... and they gave us station folk a li'l discount, so I got Gene a National Champion Tshirt. We have a lot of NL-East champ stuff, but no National League Champion stuff. They only had adult L and XL, which would be a dress on me, so I opted to not get one and make Gene owe me.

Sunday is going to be very interesting. Word is still out on whether or not Gene is going to go to the World Series (I have a maybe possibly chance of getting ONE and only ONE ticket to the World Series Game 4 on Sunday in Philly... and I think I'd be homeless and single if I didn't give it to Gene) but we'll be at the Eagles game. Probably wearing Phillies gear. In fact, I expect the ratio of Phillies to Eagles gear to be higher. I also expect to hear a Phillies chant or two.

note: the picture at the top is actually a logo for a T-shirt that I WANT REALLY BAD because it's awesome. The company is Son & Heir Apparel, and if you think their shirt is as awesome as I think it is, here is their website: Son & Heir Apparel

No comments: