Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No tickets for me..

Every so often I'm blessed with comp tickets to a local show whether it be theatre or a concert. This Friday, I've scored two tickets (and I'm taking my friend Sara) for Jenny Lewis, the front woman for Rilo Kiley. I heart Rilo Kiley. It's Grey's Anatomy's fault. I heard Portions for Foxes on the soundtrack, and now I have all four of Rilo Kiley's albums and I'm working on getting Jenny Lewis's solo albums.

Earlier today... one of the girls in the marketing department asked me if I wanted ticekts to go see Tegan & Sara, another favorite of mine. She remembered that I'm a huge Tegan & Sara fan because I tried to get them to play their single from the latest cd on our internet rock station. The tickets? Are for this Friday. When I'm already seeing Jenny Lewis. Boo.

The station that I work for has multiple stations. One of them carries Phillies games, and because of that we have some Phillies perks. Like playoff tickets. Except we give those playoff tickets to clients. Any that are left over may be purchased by the staff. Today's game they had like 5 pairs of tickets, and magically five people expressed an interest. For tomorrow's game (which they are giving away for purchase today) there are I'm not sure how many pairs. I think 3. This morning there were only two people on the list for the PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME PHILLIES TICKETS. Now...there are at LEAST 6. Which means...I'm probably not going to see the playoffs this year, and I may cry. I was so excited this morning when I knew that it was only me and the internet manager on the list. And now there are 6 bastard people. I never win anything in raffle situations. Damnit. I really wanted to go...

No comments: