Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Big List of Things To Do

I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed again, with work and just everything going on. There are a lot of things that I'd like to do for myself. A lot of times that means knitting something that's just for me, or getting a pedicure, etc. But right now I'm thinking of other things.

I want to start exercising again (I know. I keep saying that.) I think it's time to give my friend Jillian Michaels another try. She kicked my ass in January, and hopefully I can stick with it this time. February kind of exploded in my face, and there was no way I could do anything besides wake up, work, go home, sleep. Eating took up too much time... haha. Maybe I won't do the 30 Day Shred 5 days a week like JM suggests. Maybe just 3 days a week. Maybe. There's also this yoga place that does classes that are just $12, so maybe once a week I'll do a yoga class. I don't know.

I started taking vitamins in hopes that my hair will grow faster. I want to whiten my teeth (yikes) but don't want to spend oodles of money at the dentist doing it. I could either do the Crest strips... or there's this system called GOSmile? Has anyone tried that? It's pricey, which is what's keeping me from buying it. Either $89 or $120 depending on which box you buy (and you have to do the actual whitening part twice a year, so $89X2 really) which is a lot of money! That's a pair of shoes! A pair of really nice shoes!

I did decide that I'm NOT doing Christmas knitting this year. No way, no how. I still haven't finished the super-secret sweater I was making for Gzilla LAST Christmas! And I need to finish my vine yoke cardigan and make my sister a blanket. Someone make a comment (a serious one, too... I mistakenly thought it was a joke) that I should knit favors for the wedding next year. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG THAT WOULD TAKE ME! No way! I'm NOT knitting 200 of ANYTHING. But I still feel like the ceiling is going to fall down on me at any second. So far no nervous breakdowns, but I'd definitely due for one.

What do you do to prevent meltdowns? My go-to is Ben & Jerry's, but if I'm trying to be all healthy and exercise, doesn't my go to "AH MY LIFE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY" fix-it not make any sense?

1 comment:

Al said...

Oh the sh*t people suggest when it comes to weddings, lol, usually prefaced with "I know you like to craft/knit/sew/scrapbook so why don't you.....*insert insane suggestion here*" I wish you strength! I have had two HUGE breakdowns so far, one of which freaked out my mom badly - she thought it was because I had cold feet, which is now actually funny, since it was about everything but that. Again - be strong! And I am always tempted by GoSmile until I see the price. Think I'll go with good ol' Crest.... :)