Thursday, June 10, 2010

Party Preparations

Okay, we're getting down to go-time for the big surprise extravaganza this Saturday. I have harassed most of the people who haven't RSVPed. I think about 30 people are coming, which is good. Too many to fit in my house, enough to justify renting a hall. Gzilla's mom is taking care of the food for me because she's amazing. My sister is helping me decorate and stuff because she's amazing.

Here's what I have left to do:
* Buy decorations
* Set up tables/chairs at the hall
* Decorate
* Update my iPod (well we need to have music! Updating my iPod means taking off the Glee and the musicals and putting on stuff like Better Than Ezra, Billy Joel, Nirvana, and a plethora of Scottish & UK bands that Gene is gaga about)
* Buy beverages (soda, beer, iced tea vodka, lemonade)
* Put my face on
* Par-Tay!

Am I missing anything? I'm not missing anything, right? This party is going to be grand, right? I feel like I'm forgetting something. I forgot to tell my boss (who is close with Gene) but I did that. He's busy and can't get a baby sitter for the cutest little girl EVAR. All our poker friends are coming. We have poker chips. I still need to get fresh decks. We're having a chocolate cake (my friend Alli is making it. She's the shit) because Gene loves chocolate cake and because our poker friend who passed away in November 2008 always brought chocolate cake. That's why we called him The Chocolate Cake Man.

We're having a lot of dinner food. And cake. Do you think I should get other snack-y food? Like chips and salsa, cheese, fruit, anything like that? Because I'll get some of that, too. Goddamn parties are expensive. He better appreciate this.

No comments: