Monday, June 28, 2010

Need to De-Stress

The past four days have been really hard from me. Entirely unrelated to wedding planning. I don't want to get into a ton of details, but my mom has details posted on her blog if you're curious (yup. my mom blogs. and she has way more followers than I do. hurts the ego a bit. haha)

Thursday night I had maybe two hours of sleep, and then had to work all day, which wasn't smart. Unfortunately for my well being, there was no way I could have stayed home. There were too many things that I needed to do, plus the fact that I was also filling in for my boss on Friday because he needed to be home with his daughter. Everything that happened Thursday night kind of hit me on Friday, and I was a hot mess. I was sobbing. I was unnecessarily yelling at people. There was a moment where I wasn't sure how I was going to get home because I was so upset, I didn't know how I could possibly drive a car.

Saturday was a bit better because we went to the Phillies game and tailgated beforehand. I got to show off my ring, but it felt empty because all I wanted to do was go home and be with my sister. It's funny, because five years ago...even LAST year, my sister and I weren't that close. I've always loved her because she's my sister, but now I know how much I love her.

Normally when I'm stressed out and upset, I go get myself a pedicure and a pint of ice cream, put on some terrible rom-com, and forget why I'm so upset. I don't think I can do that now. I don't know how to fix this... and I always know how to fix things. I was going to make my sister a blanket, and I'm still making it for her.

How do you deal with the big stuff?

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Ugh. I know all too well about how much this sucks. I'm SO SO SO sorry. It's so unfair how these things happen. The best thing you can do right now is be there for her....you don't even have to say anything, just be around, be a presence in her life, let her know how much you love her. That helps.

And make sure you finish the blanket. That will be something very special for her once it's done.

HUGS.