Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Mostly Useless

Why did I join a kickball team? Why did I think that was a good plan? It wasn't!

At my game on Wednesday... I pulled BOTH of my quads. Do you know how hard it is to walk when BOTH of your quads are screaming in pain? Really hard. It's even harder to walk down stairs. Up stairs, surprisingly not so bad.

I stretched before the game, too!! But in the outfield, I was going after a line drive (?) and pulled my left quad. Then when it was my turn to kick, I pulled the right one. And I was out of the game by the 2nd inning. And crying. I'm kind of a big wuss. BUT it hurt A LOT!!!

I listened to my track coach friend who is on the team and I iced my quads and stretched them... stretching them by the way hurt like a bitch. My poor next door neighbors probably thought I was being attacked. Or dumped. And to top it all off, I was by myself because Gzilla was at the Stanley Cup game watching the Flyers KICK ASS!! (Claude Giroux... I love you.)

At least I can walk now. It still hurts, but it's more of a muscle burn from exercising rather than from muscle strain, muscle pull, whatever it is. My track coach friend said that they aren't pulled, they are tweaked. Whatever that means. It feels freaking pulled to me!!!!

I'm trying to do some things to cheer me up and help me forget that my legs hurt all the time. First night, it was muscle relaxers and Glee. Yesterday, it was finishing the newest Sookie Stackhouse novel and whiskey. What shall it be tonight and the rest of the weekend?? Tonight, another Flyers win would really cheer me up, so if my boys in orange could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Wow pulling your quads? That IS painful. Damn. From kickball? I guess the game has changed since I played. I was super lazy though.