Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The sleaziness of others never ceases to amaze me.

Recently, I uncovered this horrible scandal at my alma mater. This girl whom I went to school with, we'll call her Sleazy, was having an affair with a married professor. Now. This girl had graduated (by over a year) and supposedly this torrid affair was going on post-discussion of divorce on the professor's part. I had heard this story second hand (after Sleazy stormed out of the party we were at in a huff after crying in the bathroom for 20 minutes) from her friend... let's call her Liar. Liar (who is Sleazy's best friend) told me that Sleazy was dating.. um.. Robert.

Now. Anyone who went to school with me would IMMEDIATELY think of this professor... whom many of my classmates believe walks on water. So, needless to say, this came as a HUGE SHOCK. At least to me. So my one friend emailed a friend of hers who now teaches at the school basically saying WHAT THE HELL IS SLEAZY THINKING? WHAT IS GOING ON THERE? And this friend replied, "Oh no, dear... Sleazy broke up MY marriage. She didn't sleep with Robert. She slept with MY HUSBAND (now ex husband) Justin Robert. Much more is still going on... more to come later."

HOLY ASS. This teacher is a lovely lovely wonderful woman who was a student of this school who teaches there now. She met her (ex)husband while at school, and he's quite a bit older than her. Sleazy is at least ten years younger than this wonderful wonderful lovely lovely woman.

I'm just utterly amazed. I'm amazed that this wonderful person is now having her marriage broken up by a complete floozy like Sleazy and I'm also amazed that her friend Liar went through such lengths to purposely make me think something completely different. It's not like people refer to this woman's husband by his middle name. We all call him by his first name! Or by his initials. And when Liar told me about the affair, she said "Robert and his wife are getting a divorce... and he's been dating Sleazy." I KNOW HIS EFFING WIFE. I know his effing wife better than I know him. So she was clearly steering me in the wrong direction. The more I think about it... the more I wish that I had known what was going on so that I could have tripped Sleazy on her way storming out of the party... or punched her in the face... or SOMETHING. I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING for this wonderful person who is having her life ripped apart by someone as heartless and callous as Sleazy.

See... THIS is how rumors get started.

4 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Reading all of that made my head swim.

Joanie said...

My head is swimming too. I'm trying to figure out who Sleazy, Liar, Robert and Wonderful Woman are. I think I need to make a phone call.

Joanie said...

I have a little something for you on my blog!

FRANNIE said...

I'm a little confused myself. But I would say, be supportive of your friend if she needs it and tell LIAR to mind her own effin' business.