Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hilarious Bet

Generally, I don't care much about celebrity shenanigans, but this is funny. Peter Facinelli has this bet with his friend Rob DeFranco that he can't get 500,000 followers on twitter. If Peter gets 500,000 viewers, his friend Rob has to dress in a bikini while singing "Single Ladies" by Beyonce and holding a sign that says "Twitter me" on Hollywood Blvd. If Rob wins (Peter doesn't get 500,000 viewers) then he gets the back of Peter's chair from the set of Twilight with his name on it. In the grand scheme of things, Peter makes out all right either way... but Rob is a Twi-hater. Peter would much rather his chair go to a Twi-fan. And he is going to pick one of the 500,000 followers who will get the back of his chair.

For those who don't know who Peter Facinelli is... he plays Carlisle in the Twilight series, he's married to Jennie Garth, and he also played the jerk jock who dumped Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait. And I think he's on that new Nurse Jackie show on ShowTime.

Peter is going to tape his friend doing his performance on Hollywood Blvd... since hardly any of his followers will be living in the LA area. Needless to say, I think it's hilarious, and I clearly want Peter Facinelli to win. Despite his creepy bleached hair as Carlisle. And I linked Peter's name at the top to his twitter account which is (and this one's tough) peterfacinelli. He's also asking (in addition to following him) that you add #peterfacinelli to any tweets so that he gets added to the trending topics. At the moment he is just shy of 200,000 viewers... and he needs 500,000 by June 19th, so not much time. But considering he only had 75,000 a few days ago... this is a huge spike. I think he can do it. He just needs help.

And if you're on twitter... I'm at adleisia.

ETA: Peter just posted this youtube video describing the bet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtq6nY9Twk

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've so been pimping him out! HAHA!

Moonjava said...

Interesting bet! And I'm not a twitterer, I'm on fb already, one of those social thingys is good for me!

I have an award for you at my blog! :)

Bayjb said...

That is so funny!!! I have to check Peter out. I love him and Jenny Garth. I just started following you on Twitter too, I'm @bayjb