Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm just resting my eyes, I swear...

I think my not stopping has finally took it's toll.

I'm sitting at my desk desperately trying not to fall asleep. I have not had a day off of work since Labor Day. That was my last day off. Labor Day. And Saturday, aka the craziest day of my life thus far, was just as crazy as expected.

I did have a lot of fun, and I did learn a lot of tricks from the national artist that I worked with from Bare Escentuals, but I wish I didn't have to work 11.5 hours. Standing for 11.5 hours? Not good for my back, FYI. Thank goodness for ibuprofen.

I feel like I'm asleep right now. In fact, I actually put my head down for a few seconds just because it was so hard keeping it up. And even if I wanted to go home early today, I can't. Because the ONE car that we have is in the shop today... balls to that. Something is wrong with the lights. I'm hoping it's something simple and not some wacky eletrical problem. But, still. I did get a decent night's sleep after Crazy Saturday. I still think there's a lot I could catch up on, though. And at least I don't have to finish the bridesmaids dress this week. I'm pretty sure I'd have some kind of mental breakdown and disappear for 3 days if that happened. I did that once in college. I had a minor mental breakdown and disappeared for a day.

Right now, I'm looking forward to my mani-pedi for the wedding... and getting my hair did. Though, because of the Keratin treatment, I can only use specific styling products in my hair. My stylist at this salon is going to hate me. Because I'm totes bringing my own products with me and having her use those. I can't risk this salon not having the stuff I need.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Can't wait to see you in the dress from Ann Taylor! Definitely take a day for you pretty soon too, you need it