Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Hazards of One Car.

I'm at home right now. I was supposed to be at work 30 minutes ago. Because we only have one car... and because I have a REALLY hard time getting up in the morning... Gene's mom drives him to school, and I get the car. We tried me driving him to school and then me just going to work, but I was there sometimes an hour early (ew), didn't leave earlier, and Gene kept being late because I can't get my ass out of bed.

Now. When I have his keys... I leave them off of my main keyring. Because I don't want to forget to give them back. Gene? ALWAYS puts them back on his keyring when he has the car, which is WAY less often than I. I think you see where I'm going with this.

This morning... can't find the keys anywhere. We always put them in this little basket on an end table in the living room. They aren't there. So I ask him... "Do you have the keys? I can't find them." "...Yes. Sorry."

So now I'm stuck at home... and of course I'm the ONLY ONE in my department today, so if there's some kind of funky crisis, no one is there to fix it! I've been trying to get in touch with Gene's mom for the past hour, but she isn't home and her cell is off. My last hope is my friend Sara... and I feel so terrible asking her to drive me to school (which isn't far from here, honestly. It's about a 5 minute drive.. but it's JUST too far to walk. About 2 miles. Not walking four miles and then driving to work. Sorry. If I'm walking for four miles, I'm taking a nap). She's done so much for us already with this one car business.

Not having a car = suck.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

May I suggest that you make a copy of Gene's keys so you both have a set? Then you won't have this little problem happening again.