Monday, September 28, 2009

Please, stop trying to kill me.

In the past 3 days, 6 separate drivers have tried to kill me. I don't understand why some people are so unbelievably reckless and utterly stupid when it comes to driving, and frankly it just makes me plain angry.

Saturday, someone changed lines a little too close for comfort. Had I not been wary of this stupid driver, he might have clipped my Gene's car.

Sunday (when it was raining) two cars within 2 seconds of one another pulled in front of my car on a major highway while I was IN THE EXIT RAMP. As in, not the exit lane.. as in the exit has been happening and you need to travel a good 10 feet to get in front of me. Two. Cars. Black, tinted windows. Shady business.

Then five minutes later when I'm on a major road (not a highway, but still, a pretty major road with a lot of traffic and tons of lights) a car pulls out in front of my car. He (because I saw the jackass later) was in a shopping center and pulled into traffic when I'm going 50 mph about 30 feet (maybe) in front of my car. Need I remind you THAT IT IS RAINING. NOT SPRINKLING, RAINING. There is no traffic light. It is clearly my right of way. I proceed to lean on my horn. He's completely unaware that he did anything wrong. Asshole. When I passed him later (he was stopped at a light, I was exiting into the mall since I was on my way to work) I had half a mind to flip him off.. because I am that guy. But I didn't.

This morning, I had someone pull out in front of me (again) and then later, I'm stopped at a light. The light turns green. I happen to look in my rearview mirror and there's a van going at least 50 mph towards my car (the speed limit is 35) and is not slowing down at all. They are maybe 40 feet away. I had to gun it through the light or else they were going to plow into the back of the car I'm driving today.

Seriously. What is with other drivers? I know that I'm a really good driver. I might yell at other cars and flip them off, but I never let that affect how I drive. I'm very conscience about what's going on around me, and I guess that's why I haven't really had a major accident until last month. And there was nothing I could have done to stop that one. I started breaking before he even turned in front of my car... if I hadn't had good intuition, I would probably be dead. Or at least have a broken face and broken ribs, if not more. But I still have trust issues on the road. I'm the last person these people want to pull in front of! When the third car pulled in front of me on Sunday, I lost my shit for a little while... because I thought "what the hell are we going to do if I'm in another accident?" We can't afford to have no car. It's bad enough having only one car.

No comments: