Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Four places at once

That's how I've been feeling lately. My schedule/social life has been so busy lately that I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Sundays I work at ULTA. Mondays I go to a coffee shop bistro place and knit with a group of wonderful ladies. Tuesdays I play Quizzo (it's so much fun!). Wednesdays I work at ULTA. Thursdays I don't do anything. Fridays I go out with Sara. Saturdays I reserve for poker.

This Thursday, we have tickets to see the Phillies play in DC. We tried to go at the beginning of the season, and Gene and I drove about 3 hours to DC... pulled into the Metro Station to take the train to downtown DC... AND THE GAME WAS CANCELLED. It had been raining all day, and it was miserable, but we didn't want to not drive and then have the game play. We were going with friends who live in the Baltimore area, so we drove to their house and had chicken for dinner and ended up having a lovely evening (we watched the Flyers lose on TV instead)

At ULTA, my availability is Wednesdays or Thursdays... and generally they schedule me on Wednesdays they ALWAYS schedule me on Wednesdays. Except this week. Since I've never been scheduled on a Thursday before, I didn't think to request off. And they scheduled me to work. Which I didn't realize until last night. So today I need to go plead to have my schedule changed to Wednesday. BAH! I don't know what we're going to do if I can't get off... we've had these tickets since MAY!

And then on FRIDAY I'm going to see my wonderful friend Natalie's play at the Philadelphia Fringe Festival. It's going to be awesome. But that's something every day this week. And then Saturday I work at ULTA again! (I usually don't work on Saturdays, but we're having a big "beauty" event, so I'm going to have to work on Saturdays until it's all over)

In the middle of all of this, I still have to start make my bridesmaids dress for my cousin's wedding WHICH IS NEXT MONTH!

All of this is also leading up to the BIG ULTA DAY on October 3... when the creator of Bare Escentuals is gracing us with her presence. Also on that day? My friend's film debuts in our city's fringe festival (i'm his publicist. see? i'm publicising it now), my best friend wants me to do this wine tour of the Brandywine Valley, and my college is having a 40th anniversary of our Theatre. And someone else just asked me to do something else on that day... but I can't remember what it was. But still! That's a lot of stuff on one day! I need to clone myself... or get my hands on Hermione's Time Turner from Harry Potter.

1 comment:

I Love Brownies said...

Being an actor is a state of mind! Feel free to always call yourself one! Who knows what might show up at your door. :-)