Monday, November 17, 2008

Of A Revolution

The concert was GREAT. Although, remind me to not go to concerts at U of D in the future. I forgot how much I don't like drunk underage college kids. And saying that makes me feel so old... I mean, I'm only out of college going on 3 years... but I just really don't like those stereotypical people. And University of Delaware people are just terrible with that! U D girls? are a little slutty. And by a little, I mean really. These girls were wearing clothing that barely qualifies as a dress. It just looked like a really really tight super long T-shirt to me. With high heels. And far too much makeup. My favorite drunken idiot parts? When they decided to go crowd surfing... and one girl pretty much did a backflip in the air because people tossed her... when they started passing the chairs around on the floor (where I was sitting...yay work for awesome seats!), and when they started standing on the chairs to see better.

Meeting the band was awesome. They're a really great, chill bunch of guys. They were very relaxed and a bit nervous for the show, which I thought was adorable. I officially have a giant crush on Jerry... who plays EVERY INSTRUMENT EVER. He played the guitar, drums, and saxophone... and man does he make playing the sax really sexy. The rest of the guys were great too, especially Richard (the Asian one who plays lead guitar). He was actually walking around the stadium before the show started...and nobody knew who he was, except for the group of us who met him. So I went up and asked him if he knew where their merch was, because my cousin who went with me wanted to buy a T-shirt. It would have been nice if they had let us buy merch before the show started... because then she could have had the band sign her shirt. Oh well.

I think one of the coolest parts of the show was when they had a three-way dueling drum solo. Three guys playing the drums at the same time. Incredibly hard, and incredibly amazing. If you ever have a chance to see these guys in concert, I highly recommend it. They were really great live. Also, they were trying this new thing where they taped the concert and put it on a USB drive that was actually a bracelet. They also had their new album on it also. I seriously considered getting one, but I thought it would just be spending money for the sake of spending money, so I didn't get it. Although I'm pretty sure my brother would have loved that for Christmas.

Hopefully I'll be able to add pictures later. My camera died before I could take some myself, so I'm relying on other people to email me pictures. I want to see if I can get the picture of me and my cousin with the band, maybe a promo shot of the band, and get like a shadow box for myself and one for my cousin, because we both had our tickets signed by the guys. I think that would be nice to keep it like that... that way it won't get torn or anything.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

http://joanies-random-rambling.blogspot.com/