Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Big Texas

I don't know if you're familiar with the Big Texas, but it might be the greatest thing to ever be in vending machines ever. We used to have them (and maybe they still do, I don't know) in the vending machine at my high school... and I'm pretty sure I had one every day. They are lovely cinnamon buns with icing drizzled on top.. and they might be laced with crack/cocaine because I can't get enough of them. When I got to work this morning, I discovered that my oatmeal stash in my desk was empty. So then I was forced to eat poptarts for breakfast from the vending machine. but lo, and behold...instead of poptarts there, staring back at me, was a BIG TEXAS. It's like high school on a plate. If high school was cinnamon-y and delicious.

It's funny how little things take you back. Who knew that a Big Texas would get me feeling all warm and fuzzy about a time in my life that I'd like to get away from. For grade school... it would be Orbitz. Remember those drinks? They had those little balls floating in them? I'd never drink one now because it would gross me out, but I LOVED those things when I was in 7th and 8th grade. Orbitz and Bonne Bell chapstick. I had a ton of those... but I had this one friend who used to convince me to give her everything I bought. She ended up with clothes I bought, lipgloss I bought, and hairbrushes. Man, was I a dumb kid. That girl probably owes me close to $200 worth of stuff in the 6 years that we were friends. Now she doesn't talk to me because I am living with Gene and we're not married, so I'm a terrible terrible sinner who cannot be "saved."

1 comment:

*Di said...

I wasn't a Big Texas fan, but OH MY GOD I remember Orbitz. Holy crap, that was a long time ago. By the way, my boyfriend moved in with me a few months ago. And from the term "Boyfriend" I guess you can gather that we're not married. Welcome to the fire, my fellow sinner.