Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Big One

Gzilla turns 30 this year, or as he's calling it, it is his 20-10th birthday. So naturally, I'm throwing him a surprise party.

Except that it's not a surprise party, because Gzilla kind of sucks.

He ASKED me to throw him a party. Um. How am I supposed to throw someone a surprise party WHEN THEY ASK YOU TO? sigh. So I'm planning this whole thing, and he is just uninvolved. He knows that it's happening, and he knows what day it is, but he doesn't know where it is, what I'm doing, or who is invited.

The whole thing is becoming very tricky because I'm not inviting any of his friends from high school, nor am I invited family. Just a few select members that we're close to. Why not high school friends? The ones we spend the most time with? The ones I get to play Kick The Ball with tonight? I'll tell you why. There are 4 of them who all have birthdays within 2 weeks of one another, and they're all turning 30 this year, so they decided to have a big bash Memorial Weekend. But Gzilla is tired of always having to share his birthday with 3 other guys (I never said he wasn't ridiculously selfish) so he's also doing something on his own. AND when they sent out the evite for the big bash this weekend... they left Gzilla out of it, and instead said that we're celebrating the birthday of this guy whose birthday is on SAINT PATRICKS DAY. I'm highly considering wearing a t-shirt that says "Happy Birthday Guy" on it, just to be a bitch. Haven't decided if I'm gonna or not.

Back to the thing *I'm* throwing. I've invited a boatload of people. Originally, Gzilla wanted only his college friends to come (they call themselves The Wolf Pack. It's weird), but then got all depressed and mopey that none of them would come, and whine whine whine, so I invited all of our poker friends as well. Well, then it became something bigger than my house could take, so I rented a hall. Already paid it in full, so I don't have to worry about it. Gzilla's mom is taking care of the food for me (because she's the shit!) but now I have a new dilemma:

HOW MUCH FOOD AND BEVERAGE DO WE NEED? I invited a good 50 people. So far, 17 have responded via facebook (and I think that includes me) and I think 2 or maybe 3 have responded via evite. What if I get all this food, and no one shows? How much do I get to drink? Do I get a keg? If I'm getting liquor, do I get big handles, or just 750 mL bottles? I DON'T KNOW!!!

No comments: