Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm so much nerdier than I thought...

I spent my evening last night with a bunch of lovely knitting ladies at our LYS (local yarn store) for a Potluck. My LYS has a potluck every second Tuesday of every month... but yesterday was a special occasion. Yesterday, we had Ysolda Teague at our shop! She's a designer of GORGEOUS sweaters and little stuffed animals. And apparently hates socks.

She was absolutely lovely... and I had such a wonderful time. It was my first potluck (and I made TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES and they were delicious) and hopefully the first of many. Ysolda was the first designer that I've met... I haven't made any of her sweaters YET, but there are at least four on my list (Vivian, Snow White, Matilda Jane, Coraline, and probably Through the Keyhole. I like the Little Bird sweater, but I think it might be a bit advanced for me yet). All of her sweaters you can see on her blog (which is linked above) as well as her other patterns. Since I've only made two sweaters... I'm sure I'll get around to Ysolda's sooner or later. I have three in the works at the moment (Wrenna from French Girl Knits, The ZickZack Tunic in Interweave Magazine Spring 2009, and Little Blue Sweater from Interweave Magazine Fall 2008). I haven't fully committed to LBS... and may instead do the Vivian... but we'll see. I keep finding that I'm making sweaters after I've seen people I know make them. Because then I'm like "OH THAT'S PRETTY! I NEED THAT!"

Tomorrow... is the start of the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Sounds like a grand time, right? Gene thinks I'm going to come home smelling of sheep poo. We (and by we, I certainly do not mean Gene and myself... I mean the knitting group and myself) are leaving at 6am... and since I've never been, I have no idea what to expect. But am super excited!

Apparently yarn and knitting is another thing to add to my nerdy nerdy list. I am also a theatre nerd... an X-Men nerd... a book nerd... a cooking nerd... and a tea snob. I'm sure my friends are all so proud.

No comments: