Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh I wish that I wasn't such a slacker...

I'm making progress in my yoga challenge... my company hosts many different websites, and one new one that we just added is a service where you can buy gift certificates for local business at half price. One of the businesses is a local yoga studio that's about 1/2 mile from work...and the gift cert is good for four classes. I emailed them my situation (read: OWWWWW MY BACK HURTS!!!) and that I have *some* previous yoga experience, but was concerned about whether or not I should take Hatha or Vinyasa classes. They said both would be okay... and I think I've decided that I'm going to do two of each. Also this Saturday they're having "free class day" so I'm probably going to stop in there at some point and check the place out. I'm very excited.

Other than the yoga-ing, everything else has been pretty stagnant. I'm not a very healthy eater... at all... and I'm not very active... at all. I used to be. I used to be so active. And I'm just not anymore. I feel like such a slacker... I don't exercise, I don't read as much as I'd like, and I don't eat as well as I'd like. But it's hard when you can't eat fruit. I have all of these plans of being so self sufficient... making my own sweaters and clothing and all this nonsense. But it all seems like so much work. And i love knitting, don't get me wrong, but I've found myself picking all of these ridiculously complicated patterns that I probably couldn't possibly do.

I have at least CUT OUT the pieces for my dress. Now I just need to put the interfacing on all the bodice pieces... and start actually sewing. Maybe this weekend. Maybe. We'll see. I'll try my best to post progress pics, but we'll see. I did however get this ADORABLE dress at the Anne Taylor LOFT Outlet by my mother's house... it's a white sundress with blue and purple flowers... and I have shoes that match PERFECTLY and it's going to go PERFECTLY with two cardigan sweaters I have on my queue, one of which is SO FLIPPING COMPLICATED it isn't even funny. If you're a knitter... it's a seamless side-construction. You start with the sleeves... you get to the end of the sleeve where it would connect to the body, do a crochet provisional cast-on, and attached to the sleeve, and then keep on going. And then do the other side. And then kitchener stitch it together. WHAT?!?! I'm a little freaking out about it.

No comments: