Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happiest Girl Alive.

The station I work participates in this huge city event every year.. a Flower Market. It's one of the big city events, and funds go to charities, and it's a huge deal. We always provide entertainment. Last year, we had Flyleaf come out and perform. They were really awesome...and my little sister is a HUGE Flyleaf fan, so she came out... and we took pictures with the band and got autographs and stuff. It was a lot of fun.

This year, we were waiting and waiting on who our BIG name was going to be. Now, we have Carolina Liar playing on Saturday night, which is cool.. but it's no Flyleaf. And certainly no Harry Kalas, who we had three years ago. The year before Flyleaf, we had Eliot Yamin from American Idol.

This year... I think it's my favorite year since I started working with this company. This year... we have Shane Victorino, who's the center fielder for the Phillies. I'm a HUGE Phils phan... so I was freaking out a little when we got Shane to come out. It's in two weeks... I've already volunteered my time during when Shane will be there.. and I'm going to have my NLDS program (the game I was at, Shane Victorino hit a GRAND SLAM against C.C. Sabathia, who was supposed to be their Ace. We made him look STUPID), my NLCS program (procured from LA from the game where we clinched the National League title), and my World Series program (procured from a lovely coworker who was at the game). I'm so flipping excited.

No comments: