Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Erin Go Eff Yourself.

I get testy sometimes. Ok, a lot of times. Which you could probably tell from the fact that my favorite word in the universe is "cunt." So... I really don't like it with boys mess with my friends. At all. Especially girls who have been shit on in the past and really deserve better. My best friend had this whirlwind romance with this guy from Ireland. He seemed like a wonderful guy. He was very successful in his life, he was gorgeous, he was taller than her (which apparently is hard to do), he said all the right things, he was charming... his only fault was that he lived in another country. For a year, they were making it work. She would go there, he would come here... everything was fine. She applies to grad school in Ireland, and gets wait-listed for two years. All of a sudden, after months of "I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" it turns into "By the way, I don't want you to ever move to Ireland, and I'm never moving to the United States." and "I love you... but more like a sister or a friend." Oh yeah, and he was too much of a coward to call her and tell her... he wrote her an email, and sent her a text message that said "Hey, I sent you an email... let me know what you think." I THINK YOU'RE AN ASS, THAT'S WHAT I THINK! Jeez.

The worst part is...he wants to still be friends, and she said no fucking way, buddy. I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to hear from you, I don't want any contact from you. We aren't friends. Not happening. So he keeps emailing and texting her, because apparently he thinks that's ok. He won't call her though, since she doesn't want to talk to him. But texting is ok. Why are men so stubborn and delusional!??? I really want to yell at him, but I'm not allowed to. And now... five days after the "I love you like a sister" she gets an email from the school telling her someone dropped the program, and she starts classes in two weeks. So she's now moving to Ireland...in twelve days from now. Luckily the Irish jackass lives on the opposite end of the country. She'll be on the southeast corner and he'll be on the northwest corner, so it isn't like she'll run into him. Unless he does it on purpose. Which honestly, I wouldn't put it past him.

Here's what I think happened: I think that he really does/did whatever love her... but once she wasn't moving there, he panicked and dumped her before HE got too attached. Nevermind the fact that she's been head over heels in love with the guy for like 8 months. And now he realized that he made a big mistake and is trying to make up for it. The funny thing is... in his breakup email (which is so impersonal) he told her that he's known for about 6 months that he wanted to break up with her...but thought that she deserved at least a year, so he told her EXACTLY A YEAR TO THE DAY when they met. So now she can remember August 16th as the day that she first met basically the first guy she's ever loved IN A CASTLE IN IRELAND, as well as the day that he destroyed her heart. What a winner he is. I hope he's lonely for the rest of his damn life.

No comments: