Thursday, July 31, 2008

Twilight--check. New Moon--check. Eclipse--check. In 5 days...

So I finished the Twilight series. In less than a week. That's really sad, I feel. I did, however, need to catch up. I want to read them again... and look for parallels with other works. Wuthering Heights is a big one for her, that's an obvious parallel as is Romeo & Juliet. But generally the entire plot mimics one of the classics. Stephenie Meyer has said in interviews that Breaking Dawn is going to take inspiration from A Midsummer Night's Dream, one of my favorites. Seriously... this book has everything that I love. Shakespeare, intelligence, one hell of a romance, and let's face it--sexy vampires.

I really would like to talk plotpoints, but I know that becklette might read it, or she should at least, and I wouldn't want to ruin anything for her. So I won't.

I've been really anxious lately. For the past few days, I've been feeling like I have butterflies in my stomach all the time... which makes it really hard to eat because it makes me feel nauseated. I don't know if it's because I'm TERRIFIED to take over the new position at work, if I'm just that pathetically excited for Breaking Dawn to come out, or if I'm terrified for the play I'm doing. Or all three. I have no idea. But it's starting to annoy me. Really I think that it's afraid that I'm going to fail. At something. I'm carrying a lot right now, and I'm worried that something is going to break, and soon.

2 comments:

becklette said...

ummm, we should have a birthday drink/swap NOW. and then i can get a two-for-one here. and we can talk about the plot.

but i HATE wuthering heights...

Unknown said...

You may have to fight Gene for it... he's been reading it. I don't know how, but I convinced the bf to read a romance novel about vampires. I'm the best.

I also hate Wuthering Heights... but it fits a little. Except that Edward isn't a complete douchebag asshole the way that Heathcliff is. The parallel is mainly that Cathy & Heathcliff are drawn together and can't get away from one another in the same way that Edward & Bella are drawn to each other. Even though it isn't "right" for them to be together (you know, vampire... human... kind of a problem)they need to be.