Thursday, April 1, 2010

So you had a bad day...

I had an epicly bad day yesterday. I'll spare you the badness of my day, but just know that it made me cry more than a few times. And computers hated me yesterday.

To combat my bad day, I decided to blast the soundtrack for 9 to 5 the musical and sing really loud. This may not have been the best of ideas that I had (since my bad day was work related). The lyrics? I'm gonna shine like the sun, let these clouds roll away from my door. When it's all said and done I won't be at your mercy no more. I am taking what's mine; I'll be fine. I am second to none. And when the losing's all done, I'm gonna shine like the sun. Which made me SOB like a child. The next song I listened to? is basically about how the things in your life are going to suck unless you change them. Which made me cry harder. While I'm driving.

I didn't have time to relax when I got home, because we immediately went out to meet Gzilla's parents for dinner. It was one of those 20% of your dinner goes to charity things, and it was my friend's company's fundraiser, so we went. Alcohol was needed. After a pretty good glass of chianti, some cheesy stromboli, and the best part of it all, homemade GELATO (apple. pie. gelato. omb.) I was starting to feel better.

Normally when I have a sucktastic day, I listen to sad music. Apparently this doesn't work anymore. Apparently what works is wine, gelato, and sitcoms. I went home and watch the two-week old episodes of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory... and laughed so hard I cried. And THEN I felt better, finally.

What's your bad-day remedy?

4 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Alcohol.

And the song "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit...you know, the one that goes like this, "It's just one of those days, where you don't wanna wake up, everything is fucked, everybody sucks, and you don't really know why, but you wanna justify RIPPIN SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF!"

Yeah, that's a good one.

And Alanis' Jagged Little Pill ain't bad, either.

Joanie M said...

I couldn't listen to any radio for a good 6 months some years ago. Then alcohol was the drug of choice. Now I go to John's and snuggle up... and eat ice cream.

Joanie M said...

I'm sorry you were having a bad day. I forgot to add that. hugs!!!!

惠蘋 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.