Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My new favorite

I'm always looking for new products... the best mascara, the best shampoo, the best lip gloss... whatever. I do have old stand-bys that I always go back to, but every now and then a new treasure floats my way.

This weekend, I went to a Lush holiday party in Philly. The deal was if you RSVPed to the event, and spent over $55 then you'd get a goody bag of lushly stuff. Plus they'd play games for more free stuff. So my friend Sara and I RSVPed and went down. Spending more than $55 at Lush is a piece of cake... I could buy everything they have. I'm a big fan of their bubble bars, bath bombs, and solid shampoo (yup. a bar of shampoo. it sounds weird, and it is, but it my makes my hair wonderful). For the longest time I've been dying to try their best seller hair treatment H'Suan Wen Hua. Don't ask me how to pronounce that because I haven't the slightest idea. Basically, it's a hair mask that you put on dry hair, let sit for 30 minutes or so, then shampoo out. It's been on my list for a while, so I decided to get it. It runs a little over $16. The bulk of what I bought that day is for other people... so I figured a litle $16 for myself wasn't too bad.

I tried it the next day... and omigoodness my hair is so soft! I have fairly healthy hair, but I beat it up. I have medium coarse, thick, curlish hair... and I flat iron it most days. Lately my hair has been slightly more unmanageable, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm growing it out? Not sure. Anyway, this stuff is magic. It feels goopy on your head, and it does smell slightly weird, but it doesn't make your hair smell slightly weird. I've been toying with the idea of using a hairmask for a good long while now.. and I've heard wonders about Ojon's restorative mask, but that is $21 for a teeny tiny 1 oz container, and this is $16.45 for almost 8 oz, so... H'Suan Wen Hua wins. Most of the ingredients they use are organic or natural. I think I'm going to try to use this wonderfulness once a month and see how it goes and if I still like it when my jar is gone.

No comments: