Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

I know a lot of people are excited about election day... and I'm excited about it for an entirely different reason. I finally get my life back. I don't have to stay at work until 9 at night because someone wanted to change their advertising and we're waiting for the commercial. I don't have to wear makeup to work every day in case I have to record a politicians commercial. (The one day I DIDN'T wear makeup to work last week... I had to record a guy. He was nice though. And worked REAL HARD for my vote!)

I hate election day. I used to love it. I used to feel like my vote made a difference, and maybe it does. But I hate it now because I have to deal with these people...and they affect my every day life. And I don't like it. I really think that every single person in America should work in the media for one election season...and see what these people are like. It's a real eye opener.

Some of them are really nice and considerate people. Those are the people I vote for. The people who change their advertising 6 times in one week... who keep changing from :30 second commercials to :60 second commercials in the middle of the day, and the change HAS to be made before the next commercial airs in 13 minutes? I don't vote for those people. Those people make me cry.

I'm just really happy today. Because now these people will leave me alone for two years. No more phone calls on my cell phone... no more TEXT MESSAGES telling me who to vote for (please tell me someone else got text messages...I got THREE of them!). No more annoying politician jingles. I just have to get through the rest of the day. And cross my fingers.

No comments: