Monday, January 25, 2010

I can no longer feel my legs.

I did something dumb yesterday. I finally did the 30 Day Shred that has been sitting, unopened, in my living room for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I'm pretty sure that Jillian Michaels is the harbinger of the apocalypse.

The good news is that my back didn't revolt and try to kill me. In fact, my back feels pretty okay. It's my legs that are KILLING ME. From my butt all the way to my calves, I feel just about numb. You know that "I haven't exercised in months and months and now I feel like jello" feeling? Jello legs. I haz them. Mainly glutes, calves, hamstrings, and thighs. Those are now made of jello. My arms, surprisingly, are just fine. And there was weight strength training, and I used FIVE POUND WEIGHTS (because I could only find one of my three pounders...)

The way this work out (and I think all of the Biggest Loser workouts) are set up is a three-part system. As in you start on level one, and then after two weeks you move on to level two, and finally level three. Each level is a bit more challenging. Right now, I can't see moving past level 1. Dear god. But I am very determined this time to stick with some form of exercise and hopefully I'll prevent throwing out my back in the future.

Right now I wish I had some epsom salt... a really hot bath... some tea... and a good book. Then maybe I wouldn't feel like jello. But I have to do it again tonight. My legs hurt just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Damn I've been slacking on the Shred. You're scaring me but in a good way to do it.