Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Premios Dardo



Joanie over at Joanie's Random Ramblings tagged me on this Premios Dardo award! And it's a cool typewriter. Cool typewriters...always fun times. Here's how it goes:

Step 1: respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.


Step 2: tag - eight other un-tagged people


1) What are you wearing right now?
Teal sweater that I need to darn, ATL jeans, sneakers, and my Christmas present (read: diamond pendant necklace) from Gene.


2) What is your biggest fear?
Being alone.


3) What is the one thing you're really nerdy about? And don't say you aren't nerdy, because let's face it... everyone is a little nerdy about at least one thing.
Okay. I was always a big X-Men fan. Collected the cards (until someone threw them away...), watched the cartoon, hated the movies... but never read the comics. I don't know that there was a comic store in my hometown, and if there was I don't think my mother would have bought me a bunch of comic books. But now I collect them. Only X-Men, and I'm way behind in my reading, but I can out-X-Men-trivia most people I know. I think this is why Gene and I have been together for so long... he finally found a girl who is nerdier than he is (I also remember the most obscure crap about LOST and have to go rewatch episodes after they've aired..because of a reference it may have possibly made. Gene's friends all mock me. But they loved me when I made the field of 64 of LOST. Man I need a life.)


4) Who is the last person you hugged?
Gene.


5) What websites to you visit when you go online?
blogger, facebook, and ctrl-alt-del which is my favorite web-comic. It's nerdy like me.


6) What was the last item you bought?
Pictures. I went to Happy Harrys and had pictures developed from when I met OAR a few months ago with my cousin. I'm going to put the pictures with the authographed concert ticket and make a shadow box.


7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ireland to see Colleen...and Hawaii. But be warned that if i'm going to Hawaii, I'm coming back married. Just sayin'


8) If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why?
First, I'd call becklette and say "i'm a real boy" then I'd go to Atlantic City and get respected as a poker player. People like to think I'm weak because I'm female. Then I take their money.


9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle?
Not really? I mean, I never had "The Rachel" or anything. I was more influenced by people in my life. And it usually leads to bad haircuts. Like when I convinced my mother to cut my hair to my earlobes and shave the back of my head because that's how
my cousin Patty and my friend Whitney had their hair. It was a REALLY bad idea, and took 2 years to grow out.


10) What is your most embarassing moment?
This really isn't all that embarassing, but I think I've managed to avoid severe public humiliation pretty well so far. My junior year of high school, i had my first lead in a play... I was Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. And you know that line that Dorothy has when she gets into Oz? Probably the most quoted line from that movie? "Toto, we must be over the rainbow!" Well opening night I was not "over the rainbow." No. Not this Dorothy. This Dorothy was "INSIDE the rainbow!" Dorothy took a bit too much acid during the tornado.


11) What was the last movie you watched?
Frost/Nixon. it was wonderful. Frank Langella amazes me.


12) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions what would you do?
I would knit a lot. And catch up on my X-Men reading.


13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)?
I'd pay off my mortgage and my exorbatent student loans, and Gene's loans... buy my mom's house... and get married. And renovate my house to get rid of the ugly blue bathroom.


14) If you could convince everyone you knew to read one book... what book would it be, and why?
"It's Always Something" by Gilda Radner. It's one of my favorite books, and it completely changed my life even though I don't have cancer. And it isn't all sad, I promise. Don't get me wrong, some of it is totally heartwrenching, but Gilda is, well, Gilda... so there are parts that are hilarious. Only she could make cancer funny. And the love story between her and Gene Wilder really warms my heart.


Okay. tag time! I'm tagging:

1. becklette at how the beck...
2. Ali at Kitchy Shop News
3. Melissa at Put Me In Your Suitcase
4. Al at Because It's The Same Backwards and Forwards...
5. Jorge at Dispatches From the Island (he probably won't, but, he's awesome and hilarious so you should check out his blog)
6. Ben at No Ordinary Rollercoaster
7. Cake Wrecks because funny cake pictures make every day better
8. Di at DiSpace

So. Thar ya go.

5 comments:

Ben said...

Thanks so much for the love!

Joanie said...

SHEESH!!! How long do I have to pay for throwing those damned cards away! Who knew they might be worth something one day??? ;)

*Di said...

Yay! I had no blog ideas today. :)

Temple said...

OMG! A new follower! And I can already tell you are so much WAY cooler than the odd Indonesian promotion dude that left me! At least, so far I don't see any ads for Nigerian check cashing schemes or breast enhancement aids. Good start! And thank you for turning me on to ravelry! I have my request for an invitation in and am anxiously awaiting membership! Very cool...

Al said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm working on it now!!