Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a little courtesy, please.

Since I'm a "prestige girl" at ULTA, I get to play with makeup like Urban Decay, Smashbox, Benefit, and the like. Occasionally, we'll have make up artists who represent certain lines come in and do training. I've been trained on Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, Clarins, Dermalogica, Lorac, Urban Decay, and Bourjois. Today, I was supposed to have training with Paula Dorf. Oh, I'm sorry... yesterday I was supposed to have training with Paula Dorf. Yesterday, the barely an inch of snow was too much for her and she was "iced in." My mother lives in the next town over. We had more snow in Delaware. And it wasn't that much. Today, she calls out sick.

Yesterday... I took the day off at the station so I could take my time at the training, run some errands, etc. It turned out to be not too bad because I did get a lot of stuff done. And I went into LUSH and didn't buy ANYTHING for myself! I'm so proud. Anyway, I decided today to just take my lunch break by going over to ULTA. It's about half a mile away from the station, so it's not a big deal. But someone could have called me. Or this woman could have not cancelled training two days in a row. If she was sick yesterday, which she probably was, she could have rescheduled it for next week. Now it's rescheduled for next Wednesday. We'll see if it happens. I'm always whoring out Paula Dorf's concealer because it's one of my favorites, but now I'm rethinking that. I hold grudges. Gratis or not, these Paula Dorf people have to be pretty darn nice to me to get back on my good side.

And of course we're having a "visit" today at ULTA. And by "visit" I mean our District Manager (whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE) and the VICE PRESIDENT OF ULTA JODI (who is a lovely woman b slightly intimidating because she's, um the VP of the company and very particular) is in the store. They were coming in when I was leaving. Our DM was also there yesterday when training was scheduled the FIRST time...so when he sees me leaving again, he gives me this "question mark?" look... so I have to explain that training was cancelled again because of sickness. Not something I wanted to spill to Jodi, but whatever. It happens. I was very careful not to be angry or disappointed or anything. I was very "Meh, it's all right... I'm only right around the corner. It's no big deal."

No comments: